Web Design IIClass 15: Final Class
- Final Project
Last class. Hurray…
I know I have harped on this for some time but...Obstacles are Opportunities. "The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way." - Marcus Aurelius.
When the pandemic hit and Cecil went virtual, I took it as an opportunity to really build up my website. It was a lot of work (my dumb doodles take longer than you might think). I still miss the spontaneity of class, the student interaction, and putting pants on that weren't pajamas. However, you have all made it a lot more enjoyable than I would have thought. Your comments in assignments showed your personalities and humor. Your project submissions were fun and often unexpected. I actually like the pajama pants. Those can stay.
2020 has been a rough year. For many of you it has been especially difficult. Although it has been different for each of us, we have all been affected in some way. The world is in chaos and people are more divided than ever. This is our opportunity to come together and build a better more united world. Our shared experience is a bridge.
I hope that in the new year we can all be a little nicer to each other. That being said, let's take a bat to Covid!
Click on the car or cone to give corona what it deserves
The last project is to create your own site using Divi and a child theme. The subject may be whatever you like but it should be robust and professional looking.
You will be graded on the following:
- Divi Child Theme Setup:
- Developer environment & WordPress installed.
- Divi theme applied and utilized.
- Child theme has novel design elements implemented.
- Sections of content are organized.
- Strong grid design utilized.
- Well-written text with no grammar mistakes.
- Images scaled, and adjusted for the page.
- Interactive dynamic content included.
- Interesting and appealing design.
- Professional quality.
Assignment Video Tutorials
Wait! Before you go!
Did you remember to?
- Read through this webpage
- Watch the videos
- Submit the Final Project on Blackboard
- Post images of your final project on the Final Project Critique Discussion Board.
- …and reply to at least two of your peers’ work on the Discussion Board.