Introduction to 3D Modeling and AnimationClass 07: Character Model Project
- Character Model Project
Character Model Project
Character Model Project:
Using the same process completed in the labs up until this point you will create your own character. You should have already developed a character design through a series of exploratory sketches. Once you were happy with your design you should have drawn a front and side view to use as image planes in Maya. Using them as guides you will model your character. The model should have clean geometry, mostly quads, and appropriate topology for deformation. The model should then be UV’d and textured.
You will be graded on the following:
- Geometry :
- Novel and appealing design that sets itself apart from peers. Excellent quality of work
- Gridflow is strong. Topology follows architecture well. Should fully support quality deformation.
UV’s are projected, manipulated, and laid out appropriately. The surface of the model has colors, shine, and bump applied to it.
- Creativity & Craftsmanship:
Novel and appealing design that sets itself apart from peers. Excellent quality of work.
- Assignment Video Tutorials
- You may watch any of the previous video tutorials to help you complete your project.
- Assignment Lab Materials
- This is your own project. There are no materials needed.
Assignment Video Tutorials
Wait! Before you go!
Did you remember to?
- Read through this webpage
- Watch the videos
- Submit the Character Model Project on Blackboard
- Post images of your finished model on the Character Model Project Critique Discussion Board.
- …and reply to at least two of your peers’ work on the Discussion Board.