Multimedia ProductionClass 11: Practical Coding Tips
- Practical Coding Tips
- Week 11 Game (game mechanic) Lab
There is greatness inside you!
Practical Coding Tips
The code snippets window is your friend. It is full of the most commonly used code that you can adjust to your uses. Take a look through it. Even if a snippet isn’t exactly what you may need it might have some parts or at least clues how to write what you do.
Most of the code I write I find somewhere else and adapt it to what I need
ActionScript 3 API Reference:
This is basically an indepth dictionary of ActionScript 3. Most of it is gobbly-gook but you may find what you need here if you are trying to figure out something more advanced.
There are loads of community forums online that have already answered whatever question you have.
This window will tell you what and where your errors are (kind of).
Trace and Ouput:
Simply use the trace method to write information to the output to test for a variety of things. You can have it print a variable to see its value. You can simply type a message saying that a function is being called correctly. There are loads of uses.
Week 11 Game (game mechanic) Lab
Game (game mechanic) Lab:
The platformer now has basic gravity, the ability to run & jump, and collisions with the background. Although this is pretty cool it doesn’t really make it a game since we cannot win or lose. In this lab we will create a way to win the game and a way to lose.
You will be graded on the following:
- Images are proper size, resolution, and format.
- Images are clean, readable, and appropriate.
- An alpha channel (transparency) is present where appropriate.
- The winning condition is applied.
- Scoring is coded.
- Losing Code
- A losing condition is applied.
- Enemies are coded.
- Free of frustrating errors.
- The “feel” of the project is as expected and satisfying.
- Assignment Video Tutorials
- You may watch the video tutorial below.
- Assignment Lab Materials
- Download the lab materials here: mm_week11_labMaterials .
Assignment Video Tutorials
Wait! Before you go!
Did you remember to?
- Read through this webpage
- Watch the videos
- Submit Week 11 Game (game mechanic) Lab on Blackboard