Multimedia ProductionClass 13: Casual Game Project
- Game Tutorials
- Casual Game Project
It’s Class 13 is a killer
The final project in this course is to develop a casual game. In order to assist you and offer you options I have made a variety of different game tutorials. Some are more difficult than others. I highly suggest choosing something that matches your percieved abilities. Click the images below to navigate to tutorials of each. Check them out and decide on the one you want to create.
Week 13 Casual Game Project
Casual Game Project
For this project you will develop your own casual mobile game. You may either use the tutorials provided or find your own online. There should unique custom graphics that you produce in either Adobe Animate or other program such as Photoshop. The code will be written in AS3 and be completely functional with no errors. The final output should include a functional desktop and mobile version.
You will be graded on the following:
- Graphic Craftsmanship
- Images are proper size, resolution, and format.
- Images are clean, readable, and appropriate.
- An alpha channel (transparency) is present where appropriate.
- Graphic Aesthetics
- The design of the artwork is novel/innovative.
- The style has a unique appeal.
- Event handlers are attached and coded properly.
- Functions operate as intended.
- Free of frustrating errors.
- The “feel” of the project is as expected and satisfying.
- Assignment Video Tutorials
- You may watch the video tutorial below.
- Assignment Lab Materials
- Download the lab materials here: mm_week12_labMaterial
Assignment Video Tutorials
Wait! Before you go!
Did you remember to?
- Read through this webpage
- Watch the videos
- Submit the Casual Game Project on Blackboard
- Post your project on the Casual Game Project Critique Discussion Board and comment on two of your peers’ posts.