- Simple Rigs (part 02)
- Scene Setup
- Assignment 01
Simple Rigs (part 02)
There are a variety of deformers available in Maya.
none, bend, flare, sine, squash, twist (non-linear deformers)
none, cluster, lattice, wire, sculpt, jiggle
Here are the same tutorials on making some really basic rigs
Much like setting up a product photo-shoot, you need:
The first project you will complete in this course will be to produce a short motion graphic. It should be something like an animated logo that would be appropriate as a slate before a film or game.
First you must create your models, apply materials, texture, and most importantly rig them. Your rigs should be relatively simple. Merely utilize basic deformers such as non-linears, produce controllers, and parent everything appropriately.
Then, utilizing the straight-ahead animation technique you will create motion with your objects that follow animation canon to create a short 5 to 15 second clip. You will submit both your Maya project folder as well as a high quality playblast.
For Next Class: Complete the rigging
You will be graded on the following:
- Modeling & Surfacing
- Create the models (logo, environment, etc.) and texture them.
- Utilizing a variety of deformers create controls that allow you to animate your assets at the component level.
- Create motion on your rigged objects in an interesting and entertaining manner.
- Output (lighting/rendering and maya project file/folder structure)
- Maintain a strong file and folder structure that encapsulates all elements of your project. Render out a high quality playblast of your motion graphic.
- You can find the rubric under the Assignments content folder in Canvas.